Dr. Catherine Nyongesa Watta is a Clinical/Radiation Oncologist at Texas Cancer Centre Nairobi and Kenyatta National Hospital, with over 10 years of experience in Oncology conducting inpatient and outpatient management of cancer patients. She has a Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery (University of Nairobi), Master of Medicine in Radiation Oncology (University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa), and a Fellowship (FC Rad Onc) in Radiation Oncology from the College of Radiation Oncologists of South Africa. Among the key organizations, she has been a member of, the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO), Health Professions Council of South Africa, and International Gynecologic Cancer Society.
She has received a number of awards in recognition of her work nationally and globally. These include:
- Conquer Cancer Foundation (2011, ASCO Annual Meeting),
- IDEA (International Development Education Award- ASCO, 2009)
- IGCS (International Gynecologic Cancer Society) Travelling Scholarship Award 2008
- Employee excellence award KNH 2007,
- MMED dissertation paper passed with distinction 2005 at University of the Witwatersrand, SA.
- Best O level and A level student Misikhu Girls High school (St Cecilia)
She is one of the founders of the Texas Cancer Center Nairobi.
She is also the first female radiation oncologist in Kenya.
Dr. Catherine Nyongesa is the acting head of Department at the Cancer Treatment Centre Kenyatta National Hospital.
Honorary lecturer university of Nairobi.