Dr. Omar Abdihamid is a Clinical Oncologist.
He holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Oncology from Central South University, China.
His main areas of interest are Esophageal cancers, Head and Neck cancers, Lung cancer, Genitourinary cancers and Breast cancers.
He is passionate about cancer care equity in low- and middle-income countries and advocates for culturally based cancer care.
Dr. Omar has a keen interest in Cancer research and has published multiple publications in international peer-reviewed journals.
He is also an a scientific writer, editor and a reviewer for several cancer journals.
He is the recipient of the “2021 Journal of Clinical Oncology, ASCO Global Oncology Trainee Journal Reviewer Mentoring Program”
He is also the winner of “Africa ASCO VOICES 2022”– for highlighting state of cancer care in Kenya.
He is a member of:
- Kenya Society of Haematology and Oncology (KESHO)
- African Organization for Research and Training in Cancer (AORTIC)
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO)
- Finally, Dr. Omar is a resident faculty member and tumour board panelist at the International Cancer Institute in Eldoret, Kenya.